SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg Removes Excess Moisture from Buildings
A college student we know had a good laugh about an exam she took. One of the questions was about the dangers of “dihydrogen oxide”, which she knew was usually written as “H2O” or more simply, “water”. She wrote that it should be restricted because too much water could crack concrete and shred wallboards.
SERVPRO® of Barrington/North Schaumburg to the Rescue
We don’t want to restrict the amount of available water for recreation, gardening, or showering. We are here to make lives easier, not tougher. The college student was right that too much water in the wrong places will cause serious damage.
If a storm or a plumbing disaster swamps a Hoffman Estates home or business, give us a call at 847-526-0090.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg has emergency services available all day, every day, no matter what else is going on. Water damage snowballs from bad to worse even when the weather is too warm for snow.
We will remove all the excess water, even the water hidden inside materials.
Facts about Water
Dihydrogen oxide, water, H20, or even HOH – we need it. We like it. Here are some facts to amaze (or annoy) friends and family.
- 7% of water on Earth is trapped in glaciers.
- In the United States, we use approximately 400 billion gallons of water every day.
- 7 billion gallons of that usage is from toilet flushes, but don’t tell the kids because that will give them another excuse to not flush.
- Water is called the “universal solvent” because it can dissolve more substances than any other liquid --- including sulfuric acid. It’s just not always fast.
- Every year, the average U.S. home uses over 100,000 gallons of water (indoors and outdoors). Fortunately, no one needs to clean up that much at once.
- It takes 20 gallons of water to create one pint of beer. No, that doesn’t mean beer is good for hydration.
- A gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds.
- In the U.S., the water supplied to homes costs about one cent for five gallons.
- A water-efficient dishwasher uses as little as 4 gallons per cycle, but hand washing dishes uses 20 gallons of water
- Water is the only substance that can be found in three different states (liquid, gas, solid) under normal earth temperatures.
- There are no scientific studies that support the recommendation to drink 8 glasses of water per day.
When fire and water take control of your life,
we help you take it back.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg: when your home or business suffers from water damage, call us.