Smoke Damage Can Remain Hidden Until It is a Second Disaster
Fire and Smoke Damage can Seem Minor but Have Unseen Effects on Your Home
Our team members are trained to look for smoke damage and help restore the home to something as good as its preloss condition.
SERVPRO® of Barrington/North Schaumburg is a local business. We can get to your home quickly because we live and work nearby.
Our team members earn certifications, through training and experience, in finding and remediating damage from fires and smoke.
Call us at 847-526-0090.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg’s emergency services are available 24 hours/day every day.
Smoke and soot damage are not just unsightly. They do real harm. Soot is an oilier version of smoke. We get rid of the damage from both substances.
- Discolors wood, vinyl, paint, with the stains becoming permanent in a few days
- Corrodes even steel and concrete
- Keeps emitting particles that smell bad and
- May worsen existing respiratory problems
- Weakens pipes and HVAC systems
- Remove the coating from electrical wiring
- May trigger skin or respiratory allergies
Smoke travels with air currents, sometimes far from the fire. Smoke damage from forest fires caused bad air quality in several states untouched by flames. Smoke travels throughout the house, ending up inside rooms that fire never reached.
Whatever the source of smoke damage, count on us to:
- Follow the air currents to find smoke damage hidden in the HVAC, around ceiling studs, and in closed drawers or rooms untouched by fire
- Clean smoke damage from electronics
- Remove and replace drywall or textiles that are too smoke-damaged for restoration
- Clean upholstery and window treatments
- Clean carpet and other flooring
- Clean wood and other furniture
- Prefer restoration over replacement
- Remove discoloration from smoke damage
- Clean and disinfect the structure
- Remove odors
Smoke Damage Has a Variety of Sources
House fires are an obvious cause of smoke damage, but not the only one. Sources include:
- Nicotine (really? Come on, people, the Surgeon General’s report came out in 1964)
- Fires from other buildings
- Adventures in deep-frying
- Other cooking misadventures
- Scented candles or incense
- Equipment/ appliance malfunctions
- Flammable materials too close to heat sources (such as lamps or ovens)
You are not replaceable.
We value our own families and pets, and we value your families and pets.
Call the Professionals: SERVPRO of Barrington/ North Schaumburg
Smoke damage gets worse over time, so call us as soon as you can. The sooner we start remediation, the more damage we prevent.
Remember: we are always available in an emergency. Give us a call at 847-526-0090.