Oust the Odors with SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg
The Nose Knows “No”
One of the SERVPRO® of Barrington/North Schaumburg friends has a less than fond memory of being on a city bus when a crew of young men carrying bags of dirty laundry got on. The laundry chore was long overdue, and from the aroma, may have been ripening in lockers built to keep in the smell.
“No”, thought this person, who decided a long walk on dark sidewalks was a healthier option than staying on the bus with the laundry.
When odors become permanent fixtures of carpets or air ducts, leaving is impractical. After all, one must come back if only to pack. Besides, the odor will seem worse upon return. Sometimes people stop noticing odors until they leave for at least 30 minutes.
We have a variety of cleaning services here at SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg. All of our cleaning services include disinfection and odor elimination.
Anyone who has tried air fresheners knows that covering odors is a temporary solution (if it works all). The masking scent wears off while the original odor remains.
Call us at 847-526-0090. Our emergency services are always available.
Count on us to remove the mess that caused the odor as well as the odors themselves.
Nothing to Sniff At
Good to Know:
- Humans can recognize more than 10,000 different odors.
- Some odors are so powerful we can detect them at one part per trillion. That’s equivalent to one second in 32,000 years.
- These odors include green pepper, mold, and boiled seafood.
- Humans have about 400 types of odor receptors.
- Our sense of smell takes time to wake up and smell the coffee; the sense isn’t at its best in the morning, but it improves over the day.
- Prolonged stress improves the sense of smell, but when the stress goes away, so does the heightened sense of smell.
- The number of cells that contain receptors for taste and smell renew every 10 to 30 days, but the renewal slows as we age, especially after age 70.
- On average, women have a much better sense of smell than do men, with pregnant women being especially sensitive to smells.
- One-month-old babies recognize their mothers’ body odors, and the babies prefer them to others’.
- We can learn to be better at identifying (naming) odors.
- Most of us don’t realize that we can recognize the odors of our family members.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg
We get rid of mold colonies, skunk spray, pet urine, smoke, and other causes of lingering odors. Don’t keep spraying air-freshener. Call us to eliminate the odors.