Prevent Frozen Pipes in Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates knows freezing weather. SERVPRO® of Barrington/North Schaumburg knows that freezing weather can lead to burst pipes. The water damage from burst pipes is huge: every year burst pipes damage a quarter of million homes and offices (Federal Emergency Management Association). SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg hopes these tips will prevent burst pipes.
How to Prevent Burst Pipes in Hoffman Estates
- Get ready before the coldest weather hits – pipes may burst when the temperatures top out at 20 degrees F
- Make sure there is enough insulation in the walls where there are pipes
- Wrap pipes with several inches of pipe insulation
- Plug up all drafts
- Don't freeze inside for the sake of economy – the temperature should be at least 55 degrees F, even while people are sleeping or away from the home or office
- Even dripping water will prevent pipes from freezing
- Keep doors to uninsulated areas closed
If the pipes do burst, call SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg right away. We're available 24/7.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg is independently owned and operated.