Fire Prevention in Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates can practice fire prevention by learning home and business safety.
The U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) warns that a small flame can turn into a major fire within 30 seconds. Flames and smoke can fill your home or business within mere minutes. While SERVPRO® of Barrington/North Schaumburg can help you recover from fire damage, we hope you never need this help.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg wants to prevent fire damage by preventing fires.
Preventing Fire and Smoke Damage in Hoffman Estates:
- Keep anything that can catch fire at least 3 feet away from heat sources such as candles stovetops, fireplaces, or heaters
- Items that can catch fire include food, paper, cloth, & wood
- Keep kids at least 3 feet away from all heat sources
- Never use the oven as a space heater
- Turn off portable heaters & put out flames when leaving the room or sleeping
- If you use a fireplace, have the chimney inspected & cleaned once a year
- Let fireplace ashes cool before removing them to a metal container
- Test smoke alarms once a month
- Pay attention to the cooking
SERVPRO of Barrington/ North Schaumburg encourages everyone to keep at least 1 fire extinguisher at home and at a business.
Remember, Hoffman Estates: The USFA noted that fire moves quickly. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 when you are outside the home or office.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg is independently owned and operated.