Tips for Staying Safe During a Storm in Deer Park
A few common safety rules and precautions state that the public should generally try to stay inside of a safe area or building when a lightning storm or thunderstorm occurs. There are many commercial buildings in Deer Park. SERVPRO® of Barrington/North Schaumburg wants to share the following safety tips for staying safe during a thunderstorm while inside of a commercial building:
- Pay attention to all alerts and warnings, as a thunderstorm can develop into a tornado if powerful enough
- Avoid running water if possible since electricity can travel through plumbing
- Stay away from all windows or glass walls, especially during a lightning storm
Since weather is unpredictable and can change in an instant without much warning in Deer Park, SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg wants you to consider the following tips:
- If the commercial building has a basement or storm cellar, head there immediately
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck in the event of flying debris or shattered windows
- Do not leave the safe area until the local alerting system says it is safe to do so
Remember, SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg is here to help. Our trained team members will show up ready to go and can assist in cleanup and restoration after a thunderstorm, lightning storm and even a tornado has caused storm damage, water damage, or fire damage.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg is independently owned and operated.