Tips to Prevent Kitchen Fire in Hoffman Estates
Many people are not aware that cooking equipment is a leading cause of fire damage and fire injuries in homes across America. In fact, SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg wants you to understands that some fires in Hoffman Estates could be avoided by practicing fire safety in the kitchen.
To help prevent fire damage, SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg shares these tips.
- Many kitchen items can catch fire, including: dish towels, oven mitts, recipes, wooden tools, and loose clothing
- Never operate the stove or oven when you are tired or have been drinking alcohol
- If you are frying, broiling, grilling, or boiling food, stay in the kitchen. If you leave, even for a short time, turn off the heat
- Keep flammable items at least three feet from the stove top
- Do not allow children within two to four feet of the stove or oven
- If you must leave the house while cooking of any kind, turn off the heat sources
Remember that fire is fast. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 from outside your Hoffman Estates home.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg reminds you that fire prevention is the best strategy against fire damage. If you would like to learn about more ways to prevent fires in your home, please visit https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/ for more information.
SERVPRO of Barrington/North Schaumburg is independently owned and operated.